In building TriNet I went out of my way to hang out with other entrepreneurs. At first, because I was a rookie and knew I had a lot to learn from those with more experience.
But over time, the reasons changed and I still find a great deal of value and fun in spending time with like minded entrepreneurs – both casually and also in structured programs that bring out knowledge sharing even better.
Here are a few of the entrepreneur peer groups that I am currently active with, some of which I helped start:
- Entrepreneurs Organization – A global organization of 10,000+ entrepreneurs committed to growth. Lots of educational programming and solid peer group opportunities
- UNY50 – Top 50 Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Leaders for Upstate New York
- SERGE – Seasoned Entrepreneurs Gathering Exchange – A by invitation only group of successful entrepreneurs who are involved in community and/or social causes
- Mentors at StartFast Venture Accelerator and Thincubator College Student Accelerator
- Investor peers at Upstate Venture Association of NY and Angel Round Capital