I founded Upstate Venture Connect as a non profit organization dedicated to catalyzing creation of thousands of high-tech, high-growth, private capital backed companies in Upstate New York so we can create opportunities for our best and brightest talent. Our small staff and large group of volunteers do this by building an ecosystem linking Upstate NY venture entrepreneurs to resources who can help them.
UVC has three themes that drive our mission to help entrepreneurs connect with the right resources:
- Developing and deploying infrastructure which exponentially increases the number of creative collisions (getting the right people to “bump into each other”)
- Increasing the amount of seed stage funding provided by individual angel investors
- Engaging experienced, successful entrepreneurs to step up and play a role in leading a startup community activity
I’m interested in people who:
- Are active in building a new industry, high growth company in Upstate New York
- Are experienced entrepreneurs (or have skills and relationships relevant for emerging tech related startups) who would consider mentoring opportunities to support Upstate startup companies (including from a distance).
- Are running companies (including professional services) and organizations seeking to be better connected to the Upstate startup community
- Would be interested in exploring how they could help lead or plug into a startup community activity in their local area.